Now recruiting: Bioinformatics Scientist
Do you want to help usher in advanced cancer diagnostics and monitoring to improve patient quality of life and survival?
SAGA Diagnostics AB is seeking a talented and highly motivated Bioinformatics Scientist with strong interest in advancing our mission to revolutionize cancer diagnostics through proprietary ultrasensitive technologies that measure circulating tumor DNA in minimally-invasive “liquid biopsies” such as a simple blood sample.
The candidate will work in a multi-disciplinary team where you can make a real difference. You will join SAGA – an exciting and rapidly scaling revenue-generating cancer genomics startup with excellent momentum, international attention, and strong customer traction – where every role is critical, cooperation is tight, and you will have the opportunity to help grow the company and make a real difference for persons with cancer. For the right candidate, there will be excellent opportunities to grow and to become a leader.
We are dedicated to bring our ultrasensitive technologies to the benefit of cancer patients worldwide.
- You will be a key member of the SAGA bioinformatics team. This entails developing maintainable and scalable bioinformatics pipelines, and analyzing R&D and customer samples.
- You will help maintain and develop the Company’s IT infrastructure, including servers and cloud infrastructures.
- You will work closely and collaboratively in a team environment, and provide scientific and technological insight into the Company’s existing and future products and services.
- You will own, design, and execute studies that advance the Company’s products and services, and provide technical and scientific input into regulatory submissions.
- You are to serve as a spokesperson for the Company at a wide range of venues, both internally and externally, such as at professional conferences and society forums, and relevant Company functions.
- Regular functions also include contribution to the Company’s scientific publications and marketing content, identification and guidance on opportunities to promote the Company’s products and services, and articulation of complex scientific issues in pragmatic terms to assist the development of the business case and success of new and existing products.
- PhD in bioinformatics, computational biology or a related natural science discipline or equivalent professional experience in one of these areas.
- Strong experience handling, processing, and analyzing NGS data from experiments such as WGS and WES.
- Advanced knowledge of (cancer) genomics, e.g. the analysis of mutations and structural variants.
- Experience with machine learning is highly qualifying.
- Demonstrated experience writing computational pipelines using a workflow system such as Nextflow or Snakemake in combination with Conda, Docker, or Singularity.
- Demonstrated strong experience in at least one programming language such as R or Python
- Experience with systems and network administration using Linux and Unix.
- Experience working with public cloud providers such as Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure.
- You know how to interact with the open source community, demonstrated for example by contributions (code, documentation, etc), GitHub pull requests or issue reports.
- Keeping your code in a version control systems such as Git is normal to you.
- Must have excellent communication skills (written and verbal, in English required), excellent writing and editing skills, and be able to work with a wide variety of staff.
- Must be enthusiastic and motivated to make significant contributions to the success of SAGA and to improve the lives of cancer patients.
Primary location: Lund, Sweden.
Hours: This is a full-time position. Some limited travel is to be expected.
SAGA Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: October 1, 2021. Apply as soon as possible, as candidates will be considered on a rolling basis.