Now recruiting: Medical Laboratory Scientist
Medical Laboratory Scientist in Lund, Sweden
SAGA Diagnostics AB is seeking a talented and highly motivated Medical Laboratory Scientist (laboratory technician) with strong interest in advancing our mission to revolutionize cancer diagnostics through proprietary ultrasensitive technologies that measure circulating tumor DNA (ctDNA) in minimally-invasive “liquid biopsies” such as a simple blood sample.
You will work in a multi-disciplinary team where you can make a real impact. Join SAGA, an exciting and rapidly scaling cancer genomics startup with excellent momentum, international attention, and strong customer traction – where every role is critical, cooperation is tight, and you will have the opportunity to help grow the company and make a real difference for persons with cancer.
We are dedicated to bring our ultrasensitive technologies to the benefit of cancer patients worldwide.
- In this laboratory-based position, you will join the operations group and perform hands-on analytical and developmental activities for new and existing products, clinical studies, and customer projects.
- You will be an integral part of the group and work closely and collaboratively in a team environment.
- You will assist and coordinate with R&D to develop deliverables and specifications, and keeping the laboratory in regulatory compliance.
- Regular functions will include sample accession and management, nucleic acid extractions, QC, reporting, writing SOPs, writing validation reports, and performing digital PCR-based analyses and next-generation sequencing (NGS).
- A successful candidate will have a MSc or BMA or higher degree from a suitable educational background such as biomedicine, molecular biology, biological engineering, biological sciences, or similar, and at least 2 years experience within clinical or biomedical laboratory analyses or molecular cancer research.
- Significant molecular biology skills are required, such as PCR, dPCR, NGS library construction, or in silico assay design.
- Experience maintaining accurate, detailed, and timely lab records is required.
- Adherence to all safety procedures is required.
- Experience with ISO 13485/15189/17025 or CLIA/CAP is desirable.
- Experience with automation and running high-throughput instrumentation is preferred.
- Must have excellent communication skills (written and verbal, in English required) and be able to work with a wide variety of staff.
- Must be motivated, independent, and enthusiastic.
Primary location: Lund, Sweden
Hours: This is a full-time position. Limited travel is expected for this position.
Start date: No later than January 2023
SAGA Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Human Resources at email@example.com.
Deadline: September 30, 2022. Apply as soon as possible, as candidates will be considered on an ongoing basis.