Now recruiting: Molecular Diagnostics Scientist NGS
Molecular Diagnostics Scientist, NGS
Do you want to help usher in advanced cancer diagnostics and monitoring to improve patient quality of life and survival?
SAGA Diagnostics AB is seeking a talented and highly motivated NGS scientist with strong interest in advancing our mission to revolutionize cancer diagnostics through proprietary ultrasensitive technologies that measure circulating tumor DNA in minimally-invasive “liquid biopsies” such as a simple blood sample.
The candidate will work in a multi-disciplinary team where you can make a real difference. You will join SAGA – an exciting and rapidly scaling revenue-generating cancer genomics startup with excellent momentum, international attention, and strong customer traction – where every role is critical, cooperation is tight, and you will have the opportunity to help grow the company and make a real difference for persons with cancer. For the right candidate, there will be excellent opportunities to grow and to become a leader.
We are dedicated to bring our ultrasensitive technologies to the benefit of cancer patients worldwide.
- You will be a key member of the growing R&D unit, and be involved in developing and validating new NGS genomic assays that add clinical value and utility and will lead to adoption of cancer liquid biopsy diagnostics into routine clinical use across a number of tumor types and use cases.
- You will work closely and collaboratively in a team environment, and provide scientific and technological insight into the Company’s existing and future products and services.
- You will own, design, and execute studies that advance the Company’s products and services, and provide technical and scientific input into regulatory submissions.
- You are to serve as a spokesperson for the Company at a wide range of venues, both internally and externally, such as at professional conferences and society forums, and relevant Company functions.
- Regular functions also include contribution to the Company’s scientific publications and marketing content, identification and guidance on opportunities to promote Company’s products and services, and articulation of complex scientific issues in pragmatic terms to assist the development of the business case and success of new and existing products.
- A successful candidate will have a PhD in the biological sciences as well as experience with relevant academic or industry experience in the area of genomics and next-generation sequencing.
- A successful candidate will have documented scientific accomplishments in the form of relevant publications in reputable journals, or similar track record of excellence.
- Technical experience in genomic methodologies and instrumentation utilized in the development of NGS assays and reagents is required.
- Experience with bioinformatics and custom data analysis tools is highly qualifying.
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively is required, and to manage multiple parallel development projects and adapt to multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience with ISO 13485/15189/17025, GLP/GCLP, or CLIA/CAP is desirable.
- Experience with CE-IVD or FDA 510(k)/PMA is desirable.
- Must have excellent communication skills (written and verbal, in English required), excellent writing and editing skills, and be able to work with a wide variety of staff. Candidates with supervisory experience will be prioritized.
- Must be enthusiastic and motivated to make significant contributions to the success of SAGA and to improve the lives of cancer patients.
Primary location: Lund, Sweden.
Hours: This is a full-time position. Some limited travel is to be expected.
SAGA Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Human Resources at email@example.com.
Deadline: May 15, 2021. Apply as soon as possible, as candidates will be considered on a rolling basis.