Now recruiting: VP, Clinical Development (FILLED)
VP, Clinical Development
Do you want to help usher in advanced cancer diagnostics and monitoring to improve patient quality of life and survival?
SAGA Diagnostics is seeking a talented and highly motivated VP, Clinical Development with strong interest in advancing our mission to revolutionize cancer diagnostics. Our proprietary ultrasensitive technologies measure circulating tumor DNA (ctDNA) in minimally-invasive “liquid biopsies” such as a simple blood sample.
The candidate will work in a multi-disciplinary team where you can make a real impact. You will join SAGA, an exciting and rapidly scaling cancer genomics startup with excellent momentum, international attention, and strong customer traction.
We are dedicated to bring our ultrasensitive technologies to the benefit of cancer patients worldwide.
Purpose of role:
The VP Clinical Development provides leadership, oversight and strategic guidance in clinical research to meet the clinical goals of the company. The role is cross-functional and provides technical and genomic expertise to clinical projects, research and development and pharma partners. This includes representation/presence at conferences plus interaction and relationship development with KOLs, as well as project management for the portfolio of investigator-initiated studies. The role will involve close collaboration with the Product Development and Bioinformatics teams to develop, evaluate and deliver SAGA’s oncology products.
- Extensive Genomics/Molecular biology skills, with >10 years research experience, preferably in the oncology field.
- Expert knowledge of Cancer Genomics/Genetics.
- Experience in Product Development, preferred molecular and diagnostic development.
- Understanding of the Regulatory Requirements for Diagnostics.
- Strong troubleshooting and data interpretation skills, basic knowledge in Bioinformatics.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Exceptional leadership in a global and multi-cultural team setting.
- Provides leadership, oversight and strategic guidance to the clinical research development team to drive the clinical programs.
- Single point of contact for medical and clinical collaboration partners.
- Lead Clinical Collaborations for Clinical Research:
- Work with CMO to provide clinical development expertise and organizational setup of studies.
- Support and deliver research collaborations with leading academic centres globally.
- Lead and facilitate a project team of in-house staff, service providers, external collaborators and/or biopharma clients to provide effective project management of clinical research projects.
- Review analytical results and provide technical input as required.
- Develop clear and measurable analytical plans in conjunction with the CMO, wider clinical team and collaborator(s).
- Develop and maintain relations with clinical-academic and operations collaborators to help cultivate future study ideas and collaborations.
- Prepare data presentations and publications as required to promote clinical studies and products.
- Assist/Manage additional support (e.g., Clinical Research Associate and Scientific Associate positions, as required).
- Attend scientific meetings, present data and engage with key opinion leaders.
- Support opportunities for abstracts, posters and podium presentation.
- Scientific support for biopharma & other business development activity:
- Support Pharma BD with scientific expertise.
- Input to bid proposals.
- Project management of Pharma BD projects as required.
- Scientific support for strategic B2B collaborations:
- Work as scientific support for cancer products with large accounts and strategic business relationships as needed.
- Input to new product development:
- Provide vision/strategy for required new products; Initiate and provide cancer genomics design input for new and innovative products.
Primary location: Remote.
Hours: This is a full-time position. Travel is to be expected.
SAGA Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Human Resources at email@example.com.
Deadline: September 30, 2022. Apply as soon as possible, as candidates will be considered on a rolling basis.